How to Choose MyCIL (Northeast PA Center for Independent Living) Service Coordination as Your Service Coordination Entity
The Referral Process
To get the community-based services in your area that will ensure you can live independently — in your own home — you’ll need to complete the referral process:
1. Call MAXIMUS, the identified PA Independent Enrollment Broker, at 877-550-4227.
2. MAXIMUS will provide you with a PA 600 to complete. This form determines your financial eligibility for the Aging Waiver program. You must complete this form and return it to MAXIMUS. MAXIMUS will forward it to your local Department of Human Services/County Assistance Office along with the mandatory verification.
3. MAXIMUS will provide your Primary Care Physician with a medical form to complete. On this form, your physician will recommend your Level of Care.
4. After MAXIMUS receives the completed medical form, they will contact your local Area Agency on Aging (AAA) to request a Level of Care determination.
5. An assessor from your local AAA will contact you to schedule a home visit for your Level of Care assessment.
6. Once the assessor completes the Level of Care assessment, your AAA will forward a Level of Care determination to MAXIMUS.
7. If the Level of Care determination indicates that you have been assessed as Nursing Facility Clinically Eligible AND you are financially eligible, MAXIMUS will contact you to arrange a home visit. During this home visit, you’ll choose a Service Coordination Entity.