What Participants Can Do
With ACES$ Alabama, your Participants can:
- Oversee service hours — Participants determine and manage how they want to use their authorized service hours.
- Manage employees — From recruiting and hiring to dismissing, Participants manage their employees.
- View budget and submit timesheets online — Participants can log onto ACES$ Online for up-to-the-minute budget info and to submit and monitor timesheets.
- Oversee goods and services — Participants determine and manage how they want to use their authorized goods and services.
How ACES$ Serves Participants
As your FMS Provider, ACES$ will take care of:
- Timesheets and Payroll — Processing timesheets and paying employees.
- Taxes — Withholding and filing federal and state employment taxes.
- Goods and Services – ACES$ processes goods and services vendor invoices and reimburses Participants for goods and services purchased through the program.
Your Participants have the freedom to hire their own personal support workers, while we take care of the administrative details.
Premier Participant services
Not only is ACES$ the largest non-profit FMS provider in the country, 51% of our team is also made up of people with disabilities. We know what it’s like, and we’re dedicated to making life better for your Participants. You’ll find ACES$ will go above and beyond. ACES$ has a 98% satisfaction approval rating amongst our stakeholders.
Easy and fast personalized enrollment
Enrolling with an FMS provider should be easy and quick. With ACES$, it is. Participants appreciate our streamlined forms, optional in-person enrollment and secure, online submissions.
To inspire, encourage, empower, and support
personalized aging and disability services
driven by our
humility, emotional intelligence,
and passion to make the world inclusively better.
We put people first.
We do things the right way — the first time.
We authentically support our inclusive, diverse team.
We are agile and innovative.
About ACES$ Online
About ACES$ Express Enrollments Supported by DocuSign
MyCIL has proven time and again to be a valuable resource and information clearinghouse on matters related to disability awareness, acceptance, and accommodation.
The friendly ACES$ staff always responds promptly to our questions and treats us with courtesy and respect.
We particularly like how MyCIL’s professionals have come up with special projects that allow these kids to get involved in the community and become contributing members of society.